Child custody and visitation agreements, at the time of the divorce or separation, do not have to be permanent. When there are compelling reasons, they can be changed by petitioning the court to grant a modification.

Child relocation is a frequent issue. If you or your ex-spouse want to move away from Portland or out of Oregon with your child, it is imperative to contact an experienced child relocation attorney.

Parents who pack up their children and leave without giving proper notice to the child's other parent may be putting their custody or parenting time rights in jeopardy. Don't take that risk! You need a reliable attorney immediately!

Contact Stephen J. Bedor • Oregon parental relocation lawyer • phone 503-212-4878 or toll-free at 877-611-6793.

The Legal Issues Involved In Child Relocation

If you wish to move more than 60 miles away, you must give notice to your child's other parent in writing and seek a modification of your child custody and visitation order.

The court will consider:

  • Is this relocation in the best interest of the child?

  • Does the other parent agree to the proposed modification?

  • Has there been a substantial change in your circumstances, such as the loss of a job, the offer of new employment or a remarriage?

We will help you make the best possible argument to the court to support your position. In addition, we have a network of professionals to call upon to determine what is in your children's best interest as well as testify on your behalf.

Stephen J. Bedor arranges constructive child relocations for Portland area clients. We have the knowledge and legal skill to assist you whether you want to relocate or prevent your ex-spouse from relocating with your child. We can also accommodate modifications to spousal support, child support, child custody and parenting time. Contact our office at 503-212-4878.